Monday, May 9, 2011

comfy, cozy rug...

I am way behind in posting.  So, right now as we are wrapping up the school year and gearing up for some fun summer pool time...I am making a promise to myself.  I am always unsure of what others will think about my posts or even my writing but today another dear friend reminded me that I just have to be myself.

This weekend I actually did something I never do and I purchased a rug for our living room without showing it to my husband first.  I have always asked for his approval before buying anything of significance for our house, but when I saw this rug I just new it had to come home with me.  Well, I knew it had to come home with me in a truck and my husband because I could never lift it on my own.  So, today we went and picked it up and I have to say it makes me so happy to see it in our living room.  It makes the space seem quieter and warmer.  The way that I happened upon the rug is Megan Lowden of Lowden Design Consulting was hosting a multi-family estate sale.  After previewing photos on her site I knew the sale was not to be missed.  Megan did an amazing job organizing and arranging the sale.  I think she has a great concept, especially for people downsizing that are looking to sell furniture and various things they no longer need.

The rug was a nice unexpected surprise to my weekend.  I have been looking and thinking about a "new" rug for some time but finding the right one is always a challenge.  It's funny how both my 3 and 7 year old have already complimented my choice by saying the rug is "cozy and soft."  I'll try not to make it a habit of buying large things for the house without a second opinion but I am rather pleased with myself that this turned out to be a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same concerns every time I have to write a blog post, Meg. You are not alone! I agree with your friend, just be yourself and people will respond to that. Congrats on the rug purchase. I'm a little jealous, I have been trying to find one for about a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you'd have a picture of the rug. I'm glad you found a rug that you love and the whole family likes.

    And as far as worrying what other people think about your writing, I too agree that you should just be yourself. This was a struggle for me for so long and I really allowed it to hold me back. But I've come to the realization that not everyone is going to get me, like me and some find me quite annoying.....and I'm TOTALLY okay with that! So you keep doing your thing, writing about things you like to talk about and you will feel great for staying true to yourself!!

    ReplyDelete